.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Craft On: Gearing up for the Around the World Stitch Along

We finally have gotten a bit of hot weather here. It still isn't too bad, but it is finally summer. I had the opportunity to knit Yasmina's mittens at a lovely garden graduation party on Saturday and a little more on Sunday. They are not quite three quarters of the way finished, but probably will be that or more this weekend. I've been knitting away on Yathrib, because I didn't want to go to the sleeves until I had finished this skein of yarn, but it was only started a little bit before dividing the body from the sleeves. So, here is my progress. Today, I worked on it at a LYS sit and stich, and I should have gotten a photo there, but didn't think about it until I was long gone. Yathrib has a false seam, both because I think it looks good, and because it gives a reference point for the knitter when working the decreases. The yarn is fantastic, and I am still super happy with it.

Very little progress on the baptismal cap, which I really need to work on. It would be awesome to finish the mittens first, then work on the baptismal cap and gown for Amelia. I'm hoping to make those my major projects in August, along with a few more baby patterns from the Around the World Stitch Along (we have a Ravelry Group, too, if you can join that). The sale begins next week with the announcement of our participating designers and the full event starts on July 25. This week, though, is a lot of behind the scenes work, getting all the participating designers' information straight and making sure all entries are correct, putting together the sale bundles, and making ready for the sale.

We are slowly working our way though Chronicles of Avonlea, but have had to take another break this week because we found we had to take everything out of the girls' room and clean it. Hard. We are still not finished and we started Monday. I'm enjoying X Saves the World still, but with the exhaustion I'm not reading as much as I would like. Some of the figures he picks as emblematic or iconic are, but I don't share all of his enthusiasm about them all.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?