.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, June 03, 2022

Craft On: Where to Begin?

It has been awhile since I last updated. We have had such a busy life these past few weeks. Today, I can share the sample I am working on for a hat design coming out in July. This week is my chance to finally put the finishing touches on Imbat, and I am hoping to have both patterns ready for beta as soon as possible. For those of you who subscribe to my newsletter, or who recently subscribed and are wondering where the news is, bear with me, as I will have a big update sent out soon.

The kids and I finished The Golden Road, and they decided to begin Chronicles of Avonlea. I am close to finished with Bearing God: The Life and Works of St. Ignatius of Antioch the God-Bearer and have found some of what he had to say to the Judaizers and Docetists of his time to be interesting analagous reading to my study of Romans with a few women at my house.

You might note that my links to books are no longer going to Amazon. I do not try to keep myself "pure" of the world or of things with which I disagree or find morally objectionable. However, I do try to abstain from directly supporting those things as much as I can, and as such when a company declares that it will deliberately and specifically financially fund something that is a grave evil, I must refrain from giving them my money or directing other people in their direction. It's not like I thought Amazon was a bastion of righteousness, but at least before they weren't telling me how they would fund wickedness. So, here I am with no more money going in their direction that I can help. Two of the links above take you to Gutenberg so you can read the books online for free, and the third takes you to an Orthodox publisher which can do far more good with any money you spend there.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?