.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, May 15, 2022

Menu Plan: May 15 - 21

Christ is Risen! The Lord is Risen Indeed! Alleluia!

We have had a whirlwind couple weeks. This past week, Rich and I went up to a conference for his work, and got to have some beautiful time outdoors and at a gorgeous lodge. I got to rest, which I sorely needed. A lot of the menu plan was rearranged, as the kids needed to use different things and made different plans, so we have some repeat meals this week.

There doesn't seem to be much of a break in sight for a while, though. Nejat's birthday is this week, and we will have a family party for her. Her party with friends will be in June. The girls have their spring recital this week, as well. I can't believe it will be Amira's last performance as a student here. I'm trying to hold it together through all these lasts. Next week is our homeschool formal dance, so there is a lot to do for that, as well.

Jerome's skin has been clearing up quite a bit, and we are not sure if that has to do with the week on the Oregon coast, or food issues, so we are going to see if we can narrow it down by reintroducing some things he has had a bit of a break from to see if he flares up again. It is this macabre trial and error on this, and I wish we had more answers. We are still cooking mostly from our freezers and pantry, and trying to follow the Church dietary guidelines as closely as we can and seeing the benefits from it. God cares for us, and His ways bring good. I think I am going to get back to making beans and soup or stew at least once each per week, too. I'd love to hear from you if you are also trying to cook more frugally, and especially if you are trying to keep the weekly fasting and abstinent rules.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?