.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, February 24, 2022

Craft On: Mittens and News!

I'm more than halfway finished with Jerome's mittens and I only have the ribbing on the neck left and Imbat. I changed the top of the graph on this mitten pattern, and I think I'm still going to add three small stars to it on the second mitten and just duplicate stitch them on the other mitten afterward. It looks like I'm going to run out of the green yarn, but I was able to find someone with a skein of it in the same dye lot and it is on its way to me already. It feels so good to be finishing projects! I'm trying desperately not to start any new ones, because I want to finish these and a pair of mitts for my daughter-in-law first. Since I have the best reason in the world a cast on new projects, this is a little harder than normal. Alexander and Autumn are due at the end of October, which makes us grandparents!

I have been rearranging my knitting projects for the year, and finding more cute little baby things to make. I cannot wait!

The kids and I have only a few more chapters left on Rilla of Ingleside. It is hard to read about the devastation of World War I when it appears we are on the verge of World War IV. We are deep in prayer and grief right now. In light of that, reading Bearing God: The Life and Works of St. Ignatius of Antioch the God-Bearer has been edifying and calming. God is God and He is present now, even in these wars and rumors of war. Lord have mercy. Saint Ignatius, pray for us!


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any time you click on a book link, it gives me the opportunity to earn a few cents for our family.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?