.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, January 30, 2022

Menu Plan: January 30 - February 5

This last week was rather busy, but not with anything that seems to have accomplished much. In any case, I am behind on my blogging and behind in a lot of other things here. Our Christmas party was a little smaller, as two of my knit night friends and their families were sick with colds. However, it was still a success, and it was fun just to hang out and eat and talk and have fun.

Jerome doesn't seem to be doing any better or worse with cheese, so I do suspect that the weather has influenced his skin. We will give it a try after we finish the round with cheese. It is the end of the Christmas season this week and we are three weeks before the first week of Lent and are getting ready for that. This week holds a few feasts, and the end of the infant narratives in our gospel readings. After this it is preparing for Christ's earthly and prophetic ministry. We are also getting ready for the type of supply chain challenges and price increases that seem to be exponentially growing more frequent. I encourage you to stock your pantries and freezers with foods that are lower priced in your price range and be ready. I think the world is going to get much harder for everyone, even than it has been over the past two years, and the foolish policies and decisions of our governors and legislatures are making the situation worse. Pray for all of us, and prepare so you can take care of your families and your neighbors, too. There is an urgent sense in me, but I am at peace, I hope you are also.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?