.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Craft On: Designing Again

My health is finally starting to feel closer to normal. I have been able to get more work and fun in, as well as more focus for knitting. That is the back neck shaping on Imbat. I am pleased with how the short rows worked out on neck edge. This sweater is rather simple looking, but I am hoping that people will appreciate the details that I have used in it.

This year feels a little like a wash on the knitwear design score, but I have been able to do some work at home with the kids that was really necessary, and taking the time to really heal was so important. So, I'm trying not to feel bad about the only one publication and instead look forward to next year and find a way to balance my work at home with this other work.

We are still reading Rainbow Valley and I am getting eager to get through it to finish the series with the kids. I started reading Bearing God: The Life and Works of St. Ignatius of Antioch the God-Bearer last week, on his feast day, and am really enjoying it. It is not a difficult read, and is wonderful because he is both the successor to the first Apostles, but also a first person witness of Jesus, as he was a child who heard Jesus in person. Desert Queen is slowly being read at night, before I fall asleep.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

I am a participant in the Amazon Affiliates program, so the book links you see here have the potential to net me a few pennies a month.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?