.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, October 10, 2021

Menu Plan: October 10 - 16

So, we have had more than a week with freezing or below freezing weather. It is officially winter here. We have been running the fireplace, and not just to cut the chill in the morning. It runs nearly the whole day now. Pray for us. Also, I am still hurting, even after taking pain medicine for a week and a half and taking a strong run of anti-biotics. I'm worried there is still a little infection in there, which may mean another visit to the dentist and another round of anti-biotics. Sigh. At least it doesn't look like I will need an oral surgeon, but I will have them check again, just in case. We have so much going on in the next two weeks, too, that I can't afford any surgery or recovery time until after the 27th.

We are still setting aside a leftover day, and occasionally have to do another one, or bar people from making a new lunch and insist on eating leftovers instead. I have two options for dinner on Tuesday, because we may be starting up our study group again, and one of the ladies who comes cannot have nightshades, so I need alternatives. It has stretched my cooking skills, and was a good preparation for Jerome's dietary issues. In just over two weeks he gets to introduce eggs again! I am so excited, though not as excited as he is. His next re-introduction would be chocolate, so he can have it in time for Christmas. Then we move to dairy products. He chose those for his first foods, because he misses them so much. After that, mostly, we have ordered it based on what is most convenient for me, with the two that were the most likely to be true allergies to be the last two foods. It will be a year from the end of this month before he gets everything back.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?