.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Craft On: Much Progress!

I am almost at the divide the front and back on my cropped pullover! What is a middle aged mother of eight doing knitting a cropped pullover, you ask? Well, it does't have to be worn without anything underneath it! I plan to wear it over dresses and long tunic shirts. We have a couple longer drives coming up soon, and I am hoping to get some good knitting time then to get close to finished, so I can have the sample knit and the pattern written for my technical editor by the end of this month, but I am famous for making ridiculous goals for myself. I started this a month ago, and worked on it only intermittently until recently. Had I been working on it more consistently, I think it might have been finished a week or two ago. If you are interested in beta knitting it in one of the sizes from 29" to 58", please let me know, as I would love your feedback and the publicity.

Please keep me in your prayers. I still have a lot of mouth pain, and I think there may still be an infection in the gums where my wisdom tooth was not able to be removed. We have been so busy and have so much coming up that I just don't think I can get into the dentist in the next week and a half. So, in the interim, it's a lot of ibuprofen and natural antibiotics like garlic, manuka honey, and oregano oil. I've just been exhausted from the pain and waking in the middle of the night, so I'm not getting a lot done, but I have still been able to knit a bit.

The kids and I are more than halfway through Anne's House of Dreams and I really think that I might finish Desert Queen in the next day or two. I loved the description of Ibn Saud saying that if the British women were this strong, imagine what British men must be! If you look on my sidebar, you will see that I have updated my finished books, too. Lots of them are light fiction, or short stories, but it has felt good to get some actual reading in lately.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

I am a participant in the Amazon Affiliates program, so the book links you see here have the potential to net me a few pennies a month.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments:
That looks like a pretty sweater. I love the blue. Sounds like you have a good plan on how to wear it.
 
Thank you! It’s actually a green color, but the lighting was weird because it was nighttime in my house.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?