.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, September 19, 2021

Menu Plan: September 19 - 25

We are basically entering winter here. It has been actually cold in the mornings, and we are set to have a morning at or below freezing Wednesday. We are so grateful for God's provision, and are spenging quite a lot of time on drying, canning, and freezing so we can enjoy this bounty all winter.

Even planning on using leftover ingredients and putting a leftover day on the weekly menu, we still ended up having leftovers again for dinner on Saturday. Aside from Alexander no longer eating with us each night, Dominic was housesitting this weekend, so we had a lot extra from several meals over the week. Since we were busy with the preservation all day on Saturday, I just had everyone eat leftovers for dinner again. I have a little urgency in getting the preserving done, because I don't think I will be up to it after my wisdom teeth are out Tuesday (at Tooth Hurty). While the kids will be able to help with most meals, I do most of the heavy lifting on the canning, so that part needs to be done before Tuesday afternoon. They can handle the freezing and drying, though.

The Orthodox service was canceled this past week, and they are trying to hold it this Saturday. I'm hoping I will be feeling well enough to go. If not, the family can go and I can stay at home and rest. Our co-op began this past week, and I will have to be there for that this week because this is the only week my co-teacher is going to be gone, so I may be using up my energy on that. We shall see. We are still only doing a little school work, but will begin the serious work next week.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?