.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, September 02, 2021

Craft On: Garment Design

One of my goals for this year's designs was to create more adult garment patterns. Initially, I was hoping I could make two new ones and re-grade another that was initially made for infants and small children, but I think if I can make just this one and do the re-grading of the other, existing, pattern, I will be more than satisfied. This sweater should be quick, once I really get started, but I don't know if I can have the other ready before the end of the year.

This color is so lovely, and I just cannot capture it with my photography skills. It would likely be easier in outdoor lighting, so I will try that next. I wish you could see how pretty it is. When I swatch for a design, I don't bother to try for a particular gauge, but rather for a fabric with texture and drape that I like. This time, I started on size 6 needles, and finally settled on size 4 needles.

Besides the swatching for a new sweater, you can see that I am still working on the baby blanket and just started a little baby hat for some friends of ours who are due in February. I still have the final mitten of Basbousa to make, and hope to make both a hood and a hat before the end of the year. It's the time of year that I want to cast everything on at once. What are you working on now?

We are still reading through Anne of Windy Poplars, and the kids are enjoying the fun humor of it. I have only read a little in Desert Queen, but still think I can finish it this month. In the times that I cannot handle deeper thinking, I have another happy, little murder to occupy me. It is fun, but I am not sure I will read any more in the series.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?