.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, August 22, 2021

Menu Plan: August 22 - 28


"Holy Spirit, inspire me. Love of God, consume me, on the true path, lead me. Mary, my Mother, look upon me, with Jesus, bless me. From all evil, from all illusion, from all danger, preserve me."

"Always remember to love your neighbor; always prefer the person who tries your patience, who tests your virtue, because with them you can always gain merit."

"It is sweet to think of Jesus; but it is sweeter to do His will."
~ Saint Mariam Baouardy (Mary of Jesus Crucified) ~

Another fair week has come and gone, and just like clockwork, fall is here. Every year since we have lived here, fall winds come after fair and the Monday following it is the first day of autumn. I love the fall, but here, it is just a sign that winter is on its way. We can look forward to about two to four weeks of fall weather before we will see below freezing nights most years. You'll notice that we have started including more fall type meals this week, too.

Fair week, even with planning for people being all over the place at all hours still wreaked havoc on our meal schedule, so we have a couple repeats this week. This week, we have Mariam's birthday, and though we won't be able to have her party on her birthday, we will be able to have some of her friends over for a party. Yasmina is still waiting for her birthday party, but we are hoping to put it together for another weekend, since it is a little more complicated to put into action.

We begin Jerome's fifth month on his allergy diet. Two months to go before we start re-introducing foods, and we are so excited! If you have any food allergies and have hints for us, we would appreciate it, or are looking for ideas, I hope our menu plans help.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday. Linking to Menu Plan Monday

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?