.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, August 05, 2021

Craft On: Not a Rule Follower

So, it turns out that I cannot follow my own directions. I started this blanket as a baby present, and knew I was making it in a finer yarn, so I added an extra repeat of the pattern. Then, I thought I had found an error in the pattern, but it turns out I just didn't follow the instructions in my own pattern. So, now, this blanket does not have a border all around it. However, it is still lovely, and will be a beautiful blanket to wrap a sweet babe.

August is supposed to be one of my sabbatical months, and I should not be knitting any design work, but I have a quick hat on the needles, which should be ready for the tech editor within a week or so. Then, I will get back to only this baby blanket and knitting patterns from other designers.

Crafts of the Kingdom: Culture and Creativity in Saudi Arabia (for free shipping, get the gift wrapping for $5, which will save you about $7 from the shipping costs) arrived four days late, thanks to Fed Ex. However, I am really enjoying it and already have so many ideas from this book as well. It is a delightful study of traditional handcrafts in Saudi Arabia, with interviews with modern artisans and examples of both antique and modern work. Everything from embroidery, bead work, metal work, wood burning, wood carving, plaster carving, leather work, painting, and ceramics, and more are covered in this book. I am making good progress in Desert Queen and the kids and I are nearly finished with Anne of the Island.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?