.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Craft On: Not Even Close

That is what my new hat design looked like before I ripped it out and started it again. I had forgotten that the gauge on the mitts was knit flat, and then worked this in the round, and let's just say that it was a bit too large. All of my calculations were off because of that, so I reworked them, and I started again last night. Needless to say, this will not be with my tech editor this week, unless maybe it is right at the end of this week. On the plus side, I had been worried about losing yarn chicken, and it will not be so likely now that I am making a smaller hat. Also, I do know that my decreases and the way I have worked the hat will turn out in the shape I intended, so that is another good thing.

Can you see the texture of the inside of the hat? This isn't technically a reversible pattern, but the wrong side of it is also pretty, and I think I may have to use it in something else. Do you pay attention to the wrong side of your knitting?

I've been reading another happy, little murder, and making good progress in Desert Queen. The kids and I finished Anne of the Island and have just started Anne of Windy Poplars. I can't wait to show them the next movie!


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments:
I just finished re-reading _Rilla of Ingleside_. I think it might be the best of the series--at least, I'd have a hard time choosing between it and _Anne of Green Gables_.
 
I love those books, and I do think _Rilla_ is an excellent one. I'm not sure which is my favorite, though. It may depend on what is going on in my life.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?