.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, June 10, 2021

Craft On: Generation X or Whatever. Never mind.

My socks are finished, though they still need to be blocked, and I am pretty close to finished with my trio of mittens. That picture shows where I was yesterday. Can you see that the shared mitten is kind of heart shaped? Albeit with some aortas coming off of the top, but how else can you wear it as a mitten?

Aside from making some more real progress on Desert Queen (it helps when my husband is working late and asking for my editing skills; it gives me more reading time), I also picked up X Saves the World: How Generation X Got the Shaft but Can Still Keep Everything from Sucking. It is hilarious, and as wry, ironic, and scathing as my generation is. There are some minor quibbles I have with the author, but overall, I think he makes a good argument, and does so in a funny way. Rich asked me when the whatever generation started worrying about itself as a generation, and I said that I think it was when the next generation got attention. We were fine being ignored if we were no longer doing that kind of thing, but it got to be a sticking point when the kids after us weren't. Also, we kind of like being ignored, so we can complain about it a little. Anyway, if you are Gen X, you probably will enjoy the book, if you aren't, you might still find it funny.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?