.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Craft On: Finishing

It is feeling good to finish things! I finished the dishtowel (next time I make one, I would shorten it by about six inches, four on the back and two on the front), and I am almost finished with a pair of stripey socks. They aren't complicated, just really basic socks with an afterthought heel, but it is so fun and cheerful. Since my sad experience with the Sock Madness qualification round this year, I just haven't been able to get into it. Even as a cheerleader who doesn't need to compete to specs or anything, I just haven't been able to get excited about it. Maybe next year, I will be able to be more enthusiastic. The warm up patterns and games were so much fun, but the qualifying round really soured me on it, and I was initially not interested in even trying next year. It was my goal to finally get on a competing team, but I was ready to give up on it. Now, I am open to the possibility.

My designing mojo has finally started returning. This past year and a half has been so emotionally and mentally challenging, and it really slowed down my work and made it harder for me to be productive. That is still true, but I am starting to be able to cope a little better. I'm getting excited about these mittens, even though I probably won't be releasing the pattern until next January, in time for Valentine's Day.

I'm enjoying the progress on these sweetheart mittens, but I am a little concerned that the joint mitten is going to look more like an anatomical heart than the heart shape.

I think I have decided to give up on Rogue Wave and I'm still trying to read the excellent Desert Queen, which requires a little more intellectual engagement. Also, I started Resurrecting Easter: How the West Lost and the East Kept the Original Easter Vision, which I have been wanting to read for some time.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?