.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Craft On: Not Quite Matchy

We are back from the wedding and finished with the Paschal Octave, and I am just starting to get back into a normal pattern, or at least trying to, here at home. Normally, I take April as a sabbatical month. It is one of three times in the year I do that, and gives me a chance to step back from designing as work and to breathe a little. I didn't even really register that it was April, even though I knew it. Because I haven't been that productive this year, I almost didn't take it as my break, but I decided that it was still important to make that kind of delineation between my work time and non-work time.

In light of taking that month off, I did cast on mitts to make the last of my coordinated set with the hat and cowl I made a couple years ago. It coordinates, but isn't exactly matching. That is perfect for me. Of course, I won't be needing the whole set until September, but I will be ready! One work-y thing I am doing is participating in the Uplift Make Along as a designer. I should say that I will be participating in it. Between Holy Week, Bright Week and the wedding, I have not really been there at all. However, I hope to join in for real and find some fun projects to make, as well.

Still working on and enjoying Desert Queen. Rich and I read more in One Flesh as we drove to and from the wedding. It is such a great book. Once more, I am saddened by the division of east and west, though. This book and Theology of the Body in Simple Language are both needed together to give a complete picture, and correct the errors in the other. We pray for unity and the unification of the Church. Since we finished our weekly study, we were trying to figure out what to move on to next, and we have decided on Godspeed. You can watch the video here, and it is such a well done work. What are you reading?


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?