.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Craft On: Stitching Along

Alexander's convertible mittens are nearly finished! I am still looking for a way to make yarn covered buttons so he doesn't scratch any aircraft if he is wearing them while working. Basbousa is moving right along, but my insomnia is still slowing me down. Being tired is really a pain! The good news is that I have been getting almost six hours of sleep each night. The bad news is that with Rich's sinus/breathing trouble, I am having my sleep a little disrupted, even when I don't wake up fully. Still, I am grateful for more than two or three hours of sleep.

As for my SAL project, I told you I was slow at crochet, but it is coming along, too, and I really like it. I just noticed that all the projects I mention here are for hands - either mittens or fingerless mitts or convertible mittens. Evidently, I have a theme right now. Do some of you more seasoned crocheters have a suggestion as to how to regulate my tension? I have it loose enough that I can manipulate the stitches alright, but it feels like the stitches themselves might be loose or tight and it doesn't seem to have a rhyme or reason. Is there something I should be doing?

If you want to join in on the stitching and fun on either our Ravelry Group or Instagram feed, the Around the World Stitch-Along will go through March 28, 2021. (And we have prizes!!!)

We didn't finish Jo's Boys, mostly because this has been a really busy week that had a few unplanned trips. I have picked up Desert Queen exactly once. I need a 36 hour day with 12 hours of sleep each night. (You can see that Building the Way to Heaven: The Tower of Babel and Pentecost arrived. It is a great book, and wonderful for children, but I really think that Into the Sea, Out of the Tomb: Jonah and Jesus was executed better, and suited to both adults and children in that way that all good children's books are.)


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?