.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Craft On: Lent and Little Kisses

Basbousa and Jonah

I promised a progress photo of Basbousa, and here it is. The slip stitch pattern is finally what I wanted, and works out mathematically for all the sizes. It's hard to see in this picture, but the slip stitch makes a little red heart every three stitches on those rows. Also, the yarn I chose will have plenty to make all three mittens, including the two cuffed one for holding hands and in fact, is even be enough to make a second set of the single mittens, in case you want a separate pair for when you are not holding hands.

The kids and I are pretty close to the end of Jo's Boys, which I have been informed is a more fun read than the Little House Books are. Nejat grabbed the book in the picture, Into the Sea, Out of the Tomb: Jonah and Jesus, from our Lenten book bin for us to read together. I really cannot endorse this book enough. It is theology made simple, but not simplistic or condescending or dumbed down just because it is aimed at children. Adults can learn from this book, but it is not a text book. Rather, it is a beautiful book with a story that is so profound and lovely that one cannot help being moved by it. The illustrations are engaging and lovely, well executed, and interesting enough that younger or struggling readers can find the story in them, as well. It turns out that this author has two other books in this same vein of connecting the Old Testament with the New. The first is The End of the Fiery Sword: Adam & Eve and Jesus & Mary, which I think I will pick up for our Advent book bin, and Building the Way to Heaven: The Tower of Babel and Pentecost, which I am ordering to have for Pentecost for the kids (and us).

Tomorrow is the last day of the sale for the SAL, but there is more than a sale, and I hope you are able to join us in the stitching and fun on either our Ravelry Group or Instagram feed. The Around the World Stitch Along will go through March 28, 2021.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?