.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Craft On: Better Late than Never

Elementary, my dear

This has been an exausting week. I feel like I have been busy all the time, but at the same time have not been accomplishing much. So, needless to say, this post is coming rather late.

My Stitch-Along project is back on track, I started it last weekend, only to find that the crochet hook I had was making my stitches a bit too tight, but I didn't have the right size, so I had to wait for an order of hooks. I undid the work I had done before, and restarted it, and now I am doing pretty well. Crochet is slower for me, and this slip stitch pattern grows a little more slowly, anyway, so I am really hoping I can have a finished object before the SAL ends. However, it is beautiful, and I am enjoying making it. This is yarn I bought in Tokyo, and it comes from Denmark. It seemed like a perfect choice for our Around the World SAL event. Please consider joining in the stitching and fun on either our Ravelry Group or Instagram feed. The Around the World Stitch-Along will go through March 28, 2021.

In other news, I have been working on Alexander's convertible mittens and also Basbousa, and also, because I am so distracted right now, a stripy sock. I was hoping to have Alexander's mittens finished, or at least the knitting finished tonight, but I am pretty sure that will not happen. They are close, though. I need to cover the button with yarn so it won't be something that could scratch any aircraft he might be working on, too. Do you have any recommendations for doing that

We should be finishing Jo's Boys this week. I'm still mostly having sleepless nights, or interupted sleep, so my goal to finish Desert Queen has not been realized, but I am hoping to get enough rest to read and enjoy it this week. Even though we are a week and a half in, I haven't picked up a Lenten book, though I have been reading the short stories to the kids about the season and about the crucifixion and resurrection and the saints from our Lenten book bin.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?