.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, December 24, 2020

Craft On: Miles to Go Before I Sleep

Miles to Go Before I Sleep

We are heading toward Christmas and the New Year, and I am racing to finish my pair of shorts. I am not sure it will happen, but I keep plugging away. Now that I am nearly at the division for the legs, I have a little more hope. It is my only Indie Design Gift A Long project this year. It has been that kind of a year, as I am sure you are experiencing, too. As we come into the new year (and my 24th wedding anniversary), I am also preparing my design business for new things. I finally hired a graphic artist to rework my logo. As much as I love the drawing Rich made about 25 years ago, and still have tender feelings about it, it didn't really reflect my designs or knitting. Rich has been telling me to get it professionally done for a few years now.

Arabian Knits Cut Logo

I am really excited about it. This is the first time I have ever worked with a real graphic artist and done this professionally, and I am busy updating my pattern templates and social media and all of that. I hired Fabian Nuñez of Artisans Art and Design in November and couldn't be happier with my experience. He was wonderful in communication as well as in translating my ideas and vision into this finished work.

We are about halfway through Little Women with the kids and everyone is still enjoying it. I am tearing up a bit more than I think I normally would as I read, though, just because of all the goings on of this year and with our family.


Linking to Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?