.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Menu Plan: Thanksgiving Week!

70BC75C2-482D-482A-92D6-5BB5150CD9D9

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, and it is basically all that saves November from being the worst month of the year for me. January has that distinction now, because it is still winter, after the excitement of Christmas Day and New Year's Eve, and it is miserably cold and dark, with nothing fun or interesting to distract us. Rich and I have come up with a modified hibernation plan for humans: We sleep from November 1 to the Friday before Thanksgiving, do Thanksgiving and all of that, and stay awake through Saint Nicholas Day, then go back to sleep through the fourth Sunday of Advent, stay awake through Theophany, go back to sleep through February 13, stay awake for a couple days, then go back to sleep until Holy Week. Then we can be awake with a fair hope that we will not be entirely frozen.

My Thanksgiving dinner is pretty much the same from year to year. We sometimes skip part of it, or add something, but it is basically the same. I try to include foods from the Americas in it. So, we have turkey, potatoes, corn, peppers, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, pecans, cranberries, chocolate, bourbon, but I realized that we didn't have maple syrup included, so I am trying to find a way to incorporate that.

We still haven't found any fresh pressed cider to make apple cider doughnuts. This may not happen this year. However, we are getting ready to do our crazy pie per person for Thanksgiving, even if it is smaller this year.


What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday. Linking to Menu Plan Monday

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?