.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, October 11, 2020

Menu Plan: October 11 - 17

3E621500-7776-4BBC-9995-40E028D1EF9E

Rich was able to go on his cousins' weekend again this year, which is great, but we are both glad to have him back home. I know it seems a little silly, but we miss each other so much when we are apart, and we try not to spend much time apart. We even miss each other when he is at work. I'm so glad that this year nothing significant seemed to break. Last year when he went away, we had a dangerous brake job that cost nearly $1000 the day he left, our washing machine broke, and something else went wrong that I cannot even remember. Anyway, now that he is back, he is going to finish off those vegetables up there to make them into his special hot sauce. He took a couple more days off so he could rest from his trip and we could do some things around the property, as well as take a day with a family we have missed very much during this shut down.

My surprise for him on his return was to make some Key Lime Pies, which he loves, using the macadamia nut flour I found at the Grocery Outlet and some dessicated coconut with butter and sugar for the crust. The Grocery Outlet also had bags of key limes, so I picked them up, as he had recently been talking about that pie. He has a surprise for me, too, but hasn't told me what it is yet. I had planned a more extensive dinner, but our fridge is so full of leftovers that I am going to just serve that for dinner, and we will celebrate with the dessert.

Our garden has been producing for us, finally, but we are going to start to have freezing nights every night at our house starting Wednesday night. So, Rich has the boys putting up a frame and plastic cover over the plants that are still ripening and producing to extend their life for us before the hard freezes come. Between the garden, our CSA (which will be delivering for the next three weeks), and the generous farmers where the boys go to help, we are inundated in good food and are enjoying sharing with others and putting up the food (like Rich's hot sauce) for winter and spring.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday. Linking to Menu Plan Monday

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?