.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, September 02, 2020

Craft On: Second Sock and Finished Shawl


So, I didn't get a chance to start the toe on my second sock until this week. I'm getting all sorts of practice using a Middle Eastern cast-on, though, which seems appropriate. It is a little fiddly at first, but not any more fiddly than any other small amount of stitches in circular knitting is. I can't wait to finish my Stitch Along project, from Comfort Zone Knits on Ravelry, so I can wear them this fall! One of my goals has been to have enough hand knit socks to last me at least a week. I am not there yet. I have only two hand knit pairs that are mine in the house. That's not true. I have two other pairs that are worn through. So, this will make pair number three, and I have another couple pair on needles that I might get finished in the next few months. In any case, these are going quickly and are a lot of fun to make. There are several sock ideas in my design notebook, but I don't know when I can get to them.


As for my own design, I am looking for beta knitters who would be willing to give this shawlette a shot. I am hoping to have it at my technical editor within a day or so, and then would love to have various knitters try it. It uses a single 100 gram skein of fingering yarn, and is pretty easy until the border, which isn't much harder, it just needs a little more attention to shape with simple (really simple, like much less effort than you are used to) short rows. If you are interested in beta knitting, please contact me. With steady evening work while watching movies or television, you could finish this in a week or two.

I was so glad to be able to pick up Kristin Lavransdatter again. It is really a delightful book, and I hope I get through it soon. I've had several nights without good sleep lately, and it is hard to focus even on something fun. The mixture of faith and culture and the conflicts that can raise are explored in this book in an engaging and interesting way, and I just like the characters.


Linking to Yarn Along, Keep Calm and Craft On and Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments:
That yellow shawlette is stunning! What a gorgeous shade, and I love the delicate details along the edges. Good luck with the beta testing!!
 
Thank you! I love it and wear it frequently.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?