.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Craft On: Who Doesn't Love a Sale?


Since the slippers were giving me trouble and we have sunflowers in bloom, Rich suggested I get this shawlette finished so I can get photography done with our sunflowers. I am hoping to have this pattern, the slipper pattern, and a hooded cowl/balaclava pattern with my technical editor by the end of this month (some pretty soon, actually). There will be many opportunities for beta knitting, too. This shawl worked on my swatch, but after doing the larger, real, object, there was a part of me which still held its breath while I bound off, hoping that the short rows did what I though they did. They did! It was such a relief, and I love this bright, cheery color. Also, I won at yarn chicken. There are only about five yards left, but they are there. I was going to weave in ends and block today, but I had a lot of blueberries and peaches that needed to be attended to, so instead I made 20 jars of blueberry preserves and blueberry peach preserves. Tomorrow will be my block party day.

I'm still reading Kristin Lavransdatter. A friend loaned me this book, Milk: The Surprising Story of Milk Through the Ages, too, and it is really interesting.


I mentioned our Around the World Stitch Along before, well each of the participating designers has five patterns for sale in a sale bundle. You can see mine on PayHip by clicking on the Around the World Stitch Along collection button, or on Ravelry. Please follow us on Instagram, as well!


Linking to Keep Calm and Craft On and Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments:
Your yellow shawl is beautiful! I love Kristin Lavransdatter. I read it years ago and have it on my reread pile.
 
Thank you so much! I still haven't finished that book (or set of books, I guess). It is a lovely story, but I have had a hard time focusing.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?