.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Craft On: Samples and Sabbaticals


So, I think I have mentioned that I try to take a few months off each year as a sort of "sabbatical." Well, August is one of those months, but I did have a lot that needed to be finished, so I didn't take quite all of August off this year. However, I am finished with the knitting that absolutely has to be done for my designs, and I am working on a Stitch Along project, a pair of Summer Dew socks from Comfort Zone Knits on Ravelry, as well as the stranded, beaded stocking for Mariam. Ember Days is blocked! I need to get final photography done, and send the pattern to my technical editor. You can see the socks and shawl with my books above.

I'm still reading Kristin Lavransdatter and Milk: The Surprising Story of Milk Through the Ages, but not making a lot of progress. It has been more about cooking, baking, and preserving here lately. We actually have leftovers from knaffeh, lemon blueberry poundcake, and blueberry pie. Having that much dessert leftover in our house is almost unheard of, which tells you how much cooking and baking is happening right now.


Linking to Keep Calm and Craft On and Unraveled Wednesday.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?