.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, July 17, 2020

Flashback Friday: Amira


Amira is one of the last patterns I posted about here on the blog when I stopped writing for a while. I love this pattern! It is flattering to so many body types, and is pretty. I graded it to 11 sizes, from finished measurements of 28 to 54.5 inches (69.5 to 136.5 cm). This sleeveless top is a fairly quick knit, especially for a garment, and is great for transitional weather, as well as under a jacket in the winter. This makes is perfect for people in all hemispheres! It uses texture and lace variations of the same stitch pattern to create some open work at the waist, but maintain a modest top. Using between 700 and 1300 yards (640 to 1190 meters) of DK weight yarn, it is also a pretty economical choice for an adult garment. If you used a worsted weight yarn, you could probably use a little less, too.

This is the first pattern I ever really designed, though it took over a decade for me to write it out and knit the sample and edit it for publication. From the beginning it was to be named after our daughter. It is one of four patterns named for our family members already published, and will be joined by six more over the next two years. Amira is available at PayHip, LoveCrafts, and Ravelry.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts on patterns like this one (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?