.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Craft On: Knitting on the Road


I did not finish that secret project and I am still hustling to get it completed. Everything else is on the backburner. However, over the weekend, I did still work on Mariam's stocking as my weekend and liturgical knitting. I'm just about to the heel on it now, which gives me hope that it will be complete in time for Saint Nicholas this year. We had a family memorial to attend and lots of driving there and back, so I made a good dent in it (when I wasn't so tired I was dropping off to sleep). Still working on that mystery sample project for October, but I am almost finished.

We have a little less than a third of These Happy Golden Years before we are finished. I recently picked up Memoir Your Way again. It was a dream of mine a long time ago to write a cookbook about Arabic cooking as a daughter of immigrants. That has been shelved over the years, but Rich is encouraging me to look into it again. Nothing serious on that front, a notebook with some ideas and rough draft text for a little bit of the conversational bits. I don't even have a title yet, and I have no idea how to get such a thing published, but I'm starting to gather ideas and plans.


Linking to Keep Calm and Craft On.

If you would like to receive updates and early notice of new patterns, beta knitting opportunities, and great discounts (plus pictures of new yarns, new tools, fun places, neat hints, book ideas, recipes and more) each month, please subscribe to 1,001 Knits. My best, and sometimes my only, discounts go to my subscribers.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments:
Great book idea 🥰 the bread recipe you posted is my go-to bread recipe 💗
 
Lovely knitting such detail! I like your idea of the cookbook it sounds interesting and would be nice to reflect on your family.
 
It delights me that you enjoy that bread recipe so much! Thank you for your generous comments.
 
Thank you for the compliment! I hope to be able to put that cookbook together one day, even if it is only for our family.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?