.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, May 29, 2020

Flashback Friday: Logos Hat and Mittens


This set, especially the hat, were inspired by the Eye of God Nebula. I saw that, and thought to myself how wonderful it would be represented in knitting.

This yarn came across my Instagram feed, and I realized it was a perfect colorway to fit the design idea. So, I set to work figuring out how to use short rows to shape the eye and make it work in a hat. The ribbing on the brim and cuffs reminded me of lightning bolts, which I thought was fun to use in a heavenly inspired pattern. The hat uses two different colorways, and the mittens use the colorway from the eye. Color choices are up to you, and there are so many different colorways you could pick. A solid or semi-solid on the brim and base of the hat, with a striping yarn or variegated yarn would be interesting and a great way to use a couple of those self-striping or hand painted skeins. This is a great design to have fun with color.

Here is your weekly flashback coupon! If you use the code logosflashback on Ravelry between now and 11:59 pm PDT on June 4, 2020, you will receive 15% off either or both of these patterns. Unfortunately, I am unable to offer this coupon on LoveCrafts, but if you contact me directly, I can invoice you for the patterns with the discount applied. Each week, until I have finished my flashbacks, I will have a new coupon for you.

Logos Hat is available for sale on both Ravelry and LoveCrafts; the mittens are available on both Ravelry and LoveCrafts, as well. If you don't want to sign up for either of these, please do contact me and we can work out how you can purchase the patterns.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?