.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Craft On: Shawls, Shawls, Shawls!


I haven't shared any pictures of the second shawl I began, but here it is, with my nearly finished Vespers. I've been wanting to get to it for several years now, and I am happy with how it going, though I'm only working on it during the weekend, so it isn't growing as fast as Ember Days is. I finally realized why Vespers wasn't getting finished. I started it on February 20, just about when all this craziness started to really filter in though our news, and it will not finish until we are finished. Or when I finish it, the house arrests will end. I will finish it today, so you and we can be freed!

The last week has been challenging, and my allergies are acting up quite a bit more, which means my eczema is acting up, and I have just been exhausted, so am only reading a little in Babel. Most nights I fall asleep before I can get to it.

The littles and I are almost finished with The Long Winter, though. We watched a little documentary on Amazon prime about Almanzo Wilder, and the kids were horrified that everyone called him Al-MAN-zo. How do you pronounce his name? We have always read it Al-MAHN-zo, especially since he was named after an Arab named Al-Mansour.

Since tomorrow is the Feast of Saint Bede, I thought I would read a little from the Venerable Bede's Ecclesiastical History of the English People tonight.




Linking to Keep Calm and Craft On.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?