.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Craft On: Sabbatical


My error in mixing up my due dates on third party projects has put my sabbatical month in peril. I am definitely taking this week off, and still will take the weekends off, but I think I will be spending much of the rest of April to get as far along on my sample as I can. In the meantime, I have finished one of Alexander's convertible mittens, have been working on my Sock Madness sock, and even pulled out a crocheted scarf I began over six years ago. Everyone says that crochet goes faster than knitting, but I feel like this is not true. At least not when I am doing it. Anyway, I have a tiny bit of hope that my yarn will last through both socks, and I like how the crocheted scarf looks, even if it takes me forever to do it.

Alexander's mittens/fingerless gloves are great, but the pattern was not. It had error after error in it, and I was actually really surprised that it was published in a well known online magazine with as many errors (and still not corrected) in it. I am not the first person to notice them, either, but because of this, I am basically writing the pattern in its entirety as I go. If I wanted to do that, I would have started with my own swatches and sketches. In any case, they will serve him well, and he likes them, so I continue.

My reading has slowed. Kristin Lavransdatter has been set aside. We finished On the Banks of Plum Creek and started By the Shores of Silver Lake. I’ve only read a little bit in Babel. We are in the last part of Tending the Garden of Our Hearts for our Western Holy Week.


Linking to Keep Calm and Craft On.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?