.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Craft On: Vespers in Quarantine


We are officially ordered to stay home except for necessary trips. Vespers is on its fifth color out of ten. It is not my favorite of the colors, but it fits with them. I'm looking forward to the second half of this mini-skein set. It is quite a meditative knit, which is perfect for what we are going through right now. This pattern won't be out until December, so you will have to wait a while for it. However, I think it will be a perfect respite from the possibility of frantic crafting for Christmas. I have another design going on in the background, but I can't share anything here until October. I'm really trying to get most of my design work for this quarter finished, because I try to take a sabbatical month in April to knit only non-work related designs, either my own or others'. It has been going so slowly with this one, though, that I am concerned I will still be working on it in April. If I can get the writing and editing completed before then, though, it will be better. By the end of this week, I should have two older patterns translated into German and one into French for folks who read and speak those languages. I am looking for someone who is fluent in both Arabic and English, as well as knitting terminology to translate my patterns into Arabic, as well.

I started Kristin Lavransdatter this week, which I have been meaning to do for ages. We have nearly finished On the Banks of Plum Creek and I am making progress in Babel - I'm moving into the chapter on Tamil. Like everything else, my reading is going slowly, but it is going.



Keep Calm and Craft On.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?