.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Yarn Along: Travel Knitting


This post was supposed to be ready last week, but I was so busy having fun on our trip, that I never got to it. I decided to be reasonable and only bring four projects for a six day trip. Because finishing a shawl, a hat, a kerchief, and a pair of slippers in less than six days is totally doable. One of the hat patterns got cut and had to stay home. Ventus, Brume, Mariam, and Nejat's hunicorn slippers came along. Amira was also there for photography. I figured I had a beach, ocean, and fancy hotel, I ought to use them.



She should be published by the end of the day tomorrow, so long as I hit no snafus with the interwebs and technology. If you want to receive the only coupon for Amira, subscribe to my newsletter, 1,001 Knits. I'm going to try to step it up and do it bi-monthly, if not once a month. My subscribers will always get the best coupons and earliest news of any of my followers.


Since I was traveling, I did visit one yarn shop. I picked up some fingering yarn, the gradient set you see there as well as two different colors of a wool and linen blend. I'm thinking of using the deep heather and the cream to make some colorwork mittens or a hat. There were two within reasonable driving distance, but this one was closer, and as I said, I was really kept busy with conference events and fun things to do with Rich and other members.


The only thing I have left to do on Nejat's slippers is do the puffy paint on the soles, but I am counting it finished aside from that. I did get a few pages into Messenger of Truth, while on the trip, but that's it.


Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?