.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Yarn Along: We're Back in the Game!


Amira's Rainbow Angst is my major project at the moment, since her birthday is coming up soon. I made quite a bit of progress on it while we were traveling. I've divided the body from the sleeves, worked the body down to the waist decreases, and started on one of the sleeves tonight. The good news is that, even though her birthday is this week, her party isn't for over a week after that, so I have bought myself some time to finish her sweater.

Amira also came with me and I worked on it while we were away, but I made a foolish mistake, in my own pattern, from a graph I wrote out myself, and a stitch pattern I've used a million times, so I had to put it in time out for the rest of our trip and rip it out when we got home. It is finally past where I was on the plane. It is this close to being ready for the public, which is exciting to me.

Aside from working on Amira's birthday sweater, I cast on for a pair of Rosy Mittens as part of the #lentenkal on Instagram. When I finish them, they will make a lovely set with my Ring Around the Rosy Scarf. They are also great Sunday knitting for me.

Rich and I had tickets to a local theater production and Amira's sweater was too large for me to reasonably bring, Amira requires some attention, and the mittens have a chart I need to read while knitting. I was going to just cast on something else simple to make, but Rich made a remark about how I could bring his socks, so I knit some more on his Manly Rainbow Socks and found that when you actually knit on something, you make progress. I knit another three inches on the leg of the sock while we watched the show. This sock is an act of love. It is made of a sock yarn with merino and silk, knit on size 0 needles, at 10 stitches per inch, for a man's feet.

Unfortunately, on our trip I did nearly no reading. I am still reading A Perfect Red: Empire, Espionage, and the Quest for the Color of Desire. There is a Lenten Psalter group I've joined, too, and I'm reading through the Psalms this Lent.

If you are participating in #yarnmadness and #yarnlovechallenge on Instagram, I'd love to see what you are posting in response to the prompts. You can see what I have posted there by following me.



Also posting to Keep Calm and Craft On.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
That yarn looks like it is fun to knit with! Perfect for a birthday sweater!
 
Hi Laura,

It is! I saw this yarn last spring and knew that Amira would love it. It was on sale, so I grabbed it. I am so happy I was able to cast on last month, and I'm hoping, with the extra time, she can wear her birthday sweater to her party.
 
Perfect yarn for a birthday sweater. It is going to look good. I admire you taking any knitting to the theatre. I'd never be able to concentrate. Hope it went well.
 
Hi Cheryl!

I'm sorry, I thought I had already replied to you. Thank you for the compliments. I did get the sweater completed for her, and she seems to like it.

The trick with knitting at the theater, or anywhere else you need to pay attention, is to have something that is mostly stockinette, or a pattern you already have memorized. It was just round and round and round of mostly stockinette. :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?