.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Yarn Along: Magic Carpet Edition


Rainbow Angst is finished! Sort of. I still have the ends to weave in, it needs to be blocked, and I strongly suspect that the sleeve cuff bind offs will have to be undone and added to so they will fit her unreasonably long arms (which we measured her preferred sleeve length on twice and I knit to that, and they still seem short). It wasn't ready for her to wear for her party, obviously, but she does seem to like it.

Rich had a business trip this week, and I came along for a little vacation. I did a lot of knitting on Amira's sweater, as well as making progress on Amira. Since I had a great yarn shop within walking distance of the hotel, I also picked up some great souvenir yarn.


Two skeins of Classic Elite Ava in Silver, one in Red Violet, which are destined either to be a hat and boot cuff set or a cable and color work infinity scarf, a mini-pack of Frabjous Fibers March Hare in Do You Suppose She's a Wildflower? for a doll pattern I'll have out November of next year, and some Canon Hand Dyes Oscar Sparkle Sock in Winter Wonderland for a shawl design.

I started a Shower's This Weekend baby sweater to have for the Baby Shower Knit-a-Long beginning March 27 and going through April 8. I am thrilled about the prize sponsors I have so far: Malabrigo yarn has sent several skeins of yarn, some of the Chunky and some of the Twist, and my favorite lotion shop, Happy Hands, is offering some great prizes, too!

There's a funny story that is related to my designing and to our trip and to this KAL. We've been going to this conference for more than a decade. We know the crowd and that there's almost always a baby or three there (often, they included ours, too), so I went in search of one for a photo shoot. You can read more about it in 1,001 Knits if you subscribe here. Thank you to all of you who have already signed up for my new quarterly newsletter. I'm so excited to share the first issue with you all at the end of this month!

There was precious little reading this past week. I did make a bit of progress inThe Ascetic Lives of Mothers, but haven't read much else.



This is the last official yarn along, hosted by Ginny. I'll still post weekly updates, and share on Instagram, as well as linking to Nicole's carnival. I would like to wish Ginny well, as she moves on from this. I understand, as a mother of many, how life with little children is busy, but nap times and other down times allow for some more extra work to get done, and how that goes away with their activities and other ways they need you when they are older, but not that old. In my experience, you start to get a little of that time back when the oldest are in their teens, because you have the times up talking to them as well as the time alone, as they become more independent and do things without the family more and more.

Also linking to Keep Calm and Craft On.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?