.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Yarn Along: Cast on Another, Why Not?


In the next few weeks, I'm going to have a chance to knit on a plane again. We're escaping our miserable winter for a little while and visiting with friends we haven't seen in a while (my friend Kim's husband and kids) and taking the kids to Legoland. We got a great deal, and this was probably going to be the last chance we had to do something like this with all of them. It's a little bittersweet. Also, flying with eight children is kind of freaking me out a little. So, to prepare, I made sure my knitting purse fit all the things I'd need for travel, including all the knitting I'm bringing on needles. Since I don't want TSA to steal my Leatherman Micra, I took that out of my notions bag already, and since I want no trouble about empty knitting needles, I cast on for Amira's Rainbow Angst, because why not? I've actually gotten a bit of knitting done this week on that, it's knit top down, and I'm through almost all the increases before separating the body from the sleeves. There's been more knitting than normal this week, with progress on Amira, Sirocco (it's missing in that photo up there), and Eve's Leaves. Anyway, I'm bringing three projects with me; Sirocco is staying at home, because it involves too many different skeins of yarn. I had to keep myself from bringing another project, because I have a sweater planned for Jerome, since he's the only person in the house who hasn't had a sweater specifically made for him.

My reading has been a bit limited, but I've done a little in both Sirach study, and A Perfect Red: Empire, Espionage, and the Quest for the Color of Desire. I'm only planning on bringing the study book, my prayer book and a Bible with me on the trip. I don't anticipate a lot of reading time and I'm going to use our travel time for knitting as much as possible.

I forgot to ask if you were participating in the #yarnlovechallenge on Instagram. There have been a lot of neat and creative posts. You can see what I have posted there by following me.



Also posting to Keep Calm and Craft On.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?