.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Yarn Along: New Year


I worked on Eve's Leaves while we were out on our anniversary dinner. I kept waiting for someone to ask me about it. Nobody did!

The 2016 Indie Designer Gift-a-Long has come to a close. It was a lot of fun and a lot of work, and I'm already looking forward to participating in it again at the end of this year. I still have lots of WIPs (shouldn't it be WsIP?) from my run in it, and I am planning on getting them completed over the following few months. I hope to show you more from my Interwoven Mitts, Carlota Cabled Boot Cuffs (once I restart them with enough yarn), these beautiful Pride and Prejudice Mittens that I also have to restart because I was unhappy with the fabric I was getting with my needle size, and an old pattern of mine, Shower's This Weekend Baby Sweater. I'll be reknitting it to get better photography for my pattern, and I'm working on grading it to include more than one size.

I do have an entry in a designer challenge for the end of 2016. There are many great designs there. Please take a look and vote for your favorite. Of course, I would appreciate the vote, but peek and see which one you like.

I did get to pick up Birds of a Feather again, and I'm enjoying it. My goal is to put aside homeschool work and design work, and even fun stuff on the interwebs at night so I can read more and make real breaks in my daily schedule. I'm trying to approach my work, both with the kids and house and with design as a work day with structured hours, rather than being on all the time and burning out so quickly. This week, I'll post my year end review along with my crafting goals for the year. It will also include the list of books I've completed this year. It blows my mind that I only finished a single book in December.



Also posting to Keep Calm and Craft On.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?