.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, August 15, 2016

Menu Plan: August 14 - 20


My deadline is looming, so I didn't get the recipes posted on Saturday for the Buffalo Chicken Burgers or the Peach Upside Down Cake, but I will try to do that in the next week and a half. This week is fair, as well as Jerome's birthday, as well as the week of our dance, as well as the week I need to do the final photography for the patterns that will be published in October.

There were a couple of schedule shifts we had to do last week, so there are some repeats this week. Normally, we do our fair food night on this night, but we have been so exhausted and busy, so we just did dinner and then milkshakes. We're still doing a lot of cooking out of the freezers, and doing some preserving. I've put up about 18 jars of blueberry preserves, and I'm getting ready to make peach chutney. We have blackberries in the freezer, so I'm going to try for blackberry peach jam and blackberry lime jam. I wish we could still get good crab apples. They made the best jelly. They looked like stained glass.

I forgot to mention the quotation on the service books for the wedding. Here it is:

I have taken you into my arms, and I love you, and I prefer you to life itself. For the present life is nothing, and my most ardent dream is to spend it with you in such a way that we may be assured of not being separated in the life reserved for us . . . I place your love above all things, and nothing would be more bitter or painful to me than to be of a different mind than you. - Saint John Chrysostom (What Husbands Should Say to Their Wives)

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up.



Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments:
The green bean recipe will work great for some fresh although frozen in my frig (the frig has a thermostat problem) green beans. Thanks for sharing!





 
Hi Tabby,

How did it go? Did you use the recipe? We really like them that way, so I hope you did, too.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?