.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Yarn Along: Accepted!



I didn't want to delay on Yasmina's skirt for longer than necessary. So, I've just started in, making it as it makes sense. The directions seem to have been translated by someone who didn't have a full grasp on how English knitting terms need to be conveyed. Or, perhaps some of the more finessed details were missed in English. In any case, I've been working at it in such a manner to make it work and to make it most elegantly knit. The cafe curtain saw only a little work.

My exciting news is that I have a pair of designs that may be published in an online magazine, in what was, perhaps, the most simple proposal ever sent. The due date was approaching and the editor asked for a few more submissions. I sent an e-mail asking if an already knit design would be suitable and what would be needed and when, if it was. The response came within an hour, and I was so happy to find that there was interest. I will let you know when it is live online. In the meantime, I'm knitting up another sample in a different set of colors. I don't know how much else I'll be working on until it is finished.

Speaking of finished, I finished the book I started last week. It had enough in it that held my interest, but I wouldn't recommend it. There were too many modern cliches and socially/politically correct themes pasted on (to make it acceptable to the right circles of people?). Since we put down Life, the Universe, and Everything some time ago, because our lives were too busy, we decided to grab The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, 25th Anniversary Edition again and finish it this summer. We're pretty close to finishing this, and will move on to the next book after that.



Also posting to Keep Calm and Craft On.


Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?