.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, April 04, 2016

Menu Plan: End of the Paschal Octave


Christ is Risen! The Lord is Risen Indeed! Alleluia!


The translation should say: Christ is risen from amongst the dead, defeating/conquering death by death.

I meant to post our menu for last week, but we were so busy with our corporate worship and our family preparations, that it just didn't happen. I do have several recipes from our feast that I hope to have posted in the next couple weeks, however.

Although our feast is over now, the season still has six more weeks, and we are enjoying this Paschaltide, especially now that most of us aren't sick at all anymore. Rich and I spent part of last week at a work conference, and though we always take Holy Week and Bright Week as our spring break, Alexander had to go to school last week. We also were able to eat with friends all weekend, which was nice, and gave us a chance to visit with people we love. We're back in the game this week, and back to our normal fasting patterns. Since I got dairy back for our Paschal feast (I chose what to return to first based on what I missed the most), I'm taking one more week without the other foods, and I think we'll get to try eggs again for me next week. So far, there was no difference made with the dairy or without, but it's been so good to have it to eat again.

Blessings to you all in this Paschaltide!

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?