.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, December 14, 2015

Menu Plan: Third Sunday of Advent, Gaudete Sunday




Rejoice! It is the week of Joy Sunday! This is a lovely reminder that our fasting and preparation are in joyful expectation of the Lord who has come, and who is coming. He will redeem the earth and resurrect the faithful to life. This is not a fast of strict penitence, but of self examination and preparation to meet our Savior with joy.

Aside from some fruit that we have left from our stockings, last week we ordered two 20 pound boxes of citrus, so we have grapefruit, lemons, limes, navel oranges, Valencia oranges, and tangerines. Plus apples and bananas and mangoes and some personal watermelon from our organic produce co-op. That is actually the only thing I don't like about it, while it's organic and the quality has been good, sometimes the produce is completely out of season, and not just for our immediate area which has a short growing season, but for our entire hemisphere. I don't mind going out of our county and even state for some of our produce at this time of year, but when we're off of our continent, or pretty close, I'm not too thrilled. But, in any case, it is tasty, and nutritious, and it is a nice treat for the kids and us when the rest of our menus are a little less bright. There are a few repeats from last week, and a repeat of my prayer request. I was seeing much improvement, but on Friday or so started feeling a flare up come again, and it is much worse now. Please pray for wisdom and for us to find an answer, as well as healing. We're waiting on some test results, and both we and my doctor are fairly sure that there are multiple things happening at once on my hand and in my skin.

This is a pretty busy week for us, with dress rehearsals and two recital performances for three of our four girls, plus a moms' night out for me. Between that and my own health issues, I've been planning meals and menus that can be taken over by Rich or the kids with ease, or that I can direct from somewhere else, while resting.

Below, I include our daily Bible readings which we use to read through the entire Bible each year. We read through all of the Old Testament and New Testament, reading the Psalms and Proverbs twice. Remember that the Psalms are according to eastern numbering in our daily Bible reading, also I Kings is the original designation, it is I Samuel in western Bibles (II Kings is II Samuel in the west, III Kings is I Kings, and IV Kings is II Kings, I Ezra is also called I Esdras in other translations, II Ezra is often translated as Ezra or II Esdras, though this is complicated by it sometimes being I Esdras being Ezra in modern language and II Esdras being Nehemiah, and in that case, there is a III Esdras, it really depends on which translation you read).

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up.


Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?