.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Yarn Along: Yarn Clubs!


LOVE the 70s clothing on the cover! It's so appropriate to the setting in Edwardian times. Ha!

All the knitting on Amira's cropped hoodie is finished! I still haven't sewn the seams, and I've made no progress on other projects, but after I cross off a few more things today and tomorrow, I hope to get it completed so she can wear it this week. Since I can't show you the other knitting I've been doing, I will show you yarn.


Two skeins of BFL Sport in Polished Stone and two in Over the Ocean. One skein of Silk/Merino DK in Silver Leaf (It's really hard to capture this color, it is the palest green/blue, with a silvery cast. It's not grey at all.

My yarn club shipments arrived this week, two from MadelineTosh and one from Paradise, though all the yarns are MadelineTosh. I have two subscriptions for the Magnolia Society, one in tonals and one in semi-solid. The Silver Leaf came with a coupon to get another skein for $5.00 off and a skein of any other color of the yarn for $4.00 off. Since I also get 10% off from my membership in the club, and I have a filled card that I can use to get $10 off, and another $10 off from points there, it makes those two skeins quite affordable. So, now I'm trying to think of a good color to get to go along with two skeins of the Silver Leaf.


Swatch for Amira, which needs testers in about a month.

I will be needing testers in late November for a woman's, sleeveless shell. I totally lied about not needing to seam this garment, as I was working from the wrong notes. This one needs seaming, but only two seams, one on each side. As you can see from the swatch, it involves texture and simple lace. The pattern requires standard chart reading skills, ability to increase and decrease, make yos, knit in the round, and pick up stitches. Right now, I'm working on my own top in a deep red. There are no specific brand requirements for the yarn, simply a DK weight yarn that knits up at 5.5 stitches per in in stockinette (the gauge for the top will be about 5.25 spi, but I want a yarn that will drape well at that gauge). I'd like to have at least two testers per size: 29", 34", 39", 44", 49" finished bust. Yardage requirements are calculated for each size, respectively, as: 790, 900, 1000, 1100, 1225 yds. This is still an estimate, however, so I recommend getting an extra skein of whatever you buy, or if you are using stash, making sure that you have an extra ball's worth of the yarn. I'll want you to join a Facebook group for testers, if you are able, but will require a Ravelry entry, tagging me in it, and a link up when the pattern is released. The specific details will be given if you take this on for me. I will give the finished copy of the pattern to testers when the pattern is released, a percentage/amount off coupon to my Ravelry Store for those who complete the test, and a coupon for a free pattern for those who provide photos and link up to the pattern page. If you are able to do this, please contact me. Here's the weekly reminder to like Arabian Knits Designs on Facebook, if you haven't already. That's where I put updates and testing opportunities and other design news. Thank you!

Amira and I finished Glory in the Flower and have started The Sanctuary Tree. We are still reading The Restaurant at the End of the Universe in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, 25th Anniversary Edition with the kids, and I'm trying to pick Everywhere Present: Christianity in a One-Storey Universe up again, though it feels like I'm not going to get a chance to read anything just for myself anytime soon.



Also posting to Keep Calm and Craft On.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?