.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Menu Along: September 13 - 19


We took a short trip to Kamiah, ID, to visit some friends and get some much needed rest. That is why we have another menu along this week. My design work and other knitting came with us, of course. I've passed the half way mark on Amira's cropped hoodie, so it may actually be possible for her to wear it to ballet by the end of this month! While hiking with our friends I brought it along, because it required no note taking or chart reading, as my prototypes and swatches did (I'm wearing some hand knit socks, too!).


Yarn Fairy Sock Fine in Righteous + Euro Yarns Athena in Primaries.

Also, I didn't end up cancelling my yarn club membership with Paradise, so here is the September yarn. They sent the Athena in addition to the club yarn, which is fun. This weekend, I get to try my hand at using a sock knitting machine to make a pair of socks, so I plan to use this yarn for a pair for a friend. We'll see if I cancel or keep on going. I'm tempted by another yarn club, and can't really justify spending the money on both.


©Geneve Hoffman Photography.

In case you missed it last week, Storey Publications has released their One-Skein Wonders for Babies: 101 Knitting Projects for Infants & Toddlers, with Saint Catherine of Alexandria in it (pages 68-70). And here's the weekly reminder to like Arabian Knits Designs on Facebook, if you haven't already. That's where I put updates and testing opportunities and other design news. Your liking it gets me more visibility with folks who may not know about my patterns and that helps. Thank you!

Still reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, 25th Anniversary Edition to our kids.



Also posting to Keep Calm and Craft On, and Yarn Fanatic Party.



Here is the menu plan, as well. Some of these meals were what we ate while still with our friends. We had a great time with them. They had told us to come visit any time, and as our other vacation plans just didn't work out with all schedules (all the directors and managers at Rich's work were either out of town or out of country when we really wanted to go, then ballet was starting, and the college classes for Alexander, and our homeschool co-op), so we decided to shift our start date for school, and take this one weekend off so that only Amira missed only one ballet class, and there wasn't anything else for her or anyone else to make up when we got back. We were blessed to have Rich around longer, though, as he took the day before we left off as a preparation day, and has taken this week off to work on things at home and spend time with us. We got back yesterday just in time to eat a late lunch, get Amira and Yasmina ready to go to ballet and for me to head to my friend's going away party. Most of our week's schedule kind of looks like that.

Our garden is treating us better than we have treated it, and we've been harvesting loads of tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, summer squash, cucumbers, and okra. We're using that in our meals quite liberally, and were able to bring some with us to our friends' house, too, and share with them. Now, we just need to find our potatoes in the ground. And harvest the corn.

Below, I include our daily Bible readings which we use to read through the entire Bible each year. We read through all of the Old Testament and New Testament, reading the Psalms and Proverbs twice. Remember that the Psalms are according to eastern numbering in our daily Bible reading, also I Kings is the original designation, it is I Samuel in western Bibles (II Kings is II Samuel in the west, III Kings is I Kings, and IV Kings is II Kings, I Ezra is also called I Esdras in other translations, II Ezra is often translated as Ezra or II Esdras).

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments:
Your September yarns look beautiful. What a rich purple. And that specialty yarn looks like it would be fun. Both are such pretty colors.
 
Thank you! I'm still searching for projects for them. Actually, I think I know what the purple will be. It just takes time to get it done. Thanks for visiting!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?