.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, August 10, 2015

Menu Plan: August 9 - 15


Last week was a little hectic with lots of activities, and this week is a lot hectic preparing for the fair. I promise I will post those recipes, but it's getting crazy around here. We do have a repeat of a meal, because we had to move some things around. However, we are beginning to be able to use produce from our garden, and our neighbors have supplied us with lots of fish that we are taking advantage of this week.

A major feast is this week, the one which we truly thought of when we were naming Mariam, before we knew of Saint Mariam Baouardy. We also have a dance scheduled this week, and a birthday to prepare for next week. I'm trying to do all our major errands this week, too, to free up our schedules next week so we don't have anything but fair and Jerome's birthday to deal with in our days.

In other news, I am in denial that school begins in a month. Which is hard, because Alexander registers for college courses this week. I finished off his transcript, and was pleasantly surprised to see how broad and well rounded his education has been. It was good to take a step back and see the big picture that way. We're so excited for him, because this is an opportunity to graduate from Trinity Academy here at home and also have an Associate's Degree and FAA certification, all with no student loans, and with the potential to begin an entry level job in his field of choice at a pay rate that is higher than most college graduates'. He has made excellent choices for his education and career path. We are praying for his success and transition to manhood right now.

Below, I include our daily Bible readings which we use to read through the entire Bible each year. We read through all of the Old Testament and New Testament, reading the Psalms and Proverbs twice. Remember that the Psalms are according to eastern numbering in our daily Bible reading, also I Kings is the original designation, it is I Samuel in western Bibles (II Kings is II Samuel in the west, III Kings is I Kings, and IV Kings is II Kings, I Ezra is also called I Esdras in other translations, II Ezra is often translated as Ezra or II Esdras).

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?