.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Yarn Along: The House of Chaos


I feel like I'm not really getting any knitting done. Mostly, I've been working on swatches for submission, and my knitting time has been so limited with our schedule these past few weeks, so my "striped" shawl has seen no progress, and the curiouser and curiouser socks only have a few rows on the first heel done. But I'm almost finished with my last part of my last submission. And I won't have any hard deadlines for at least a month after that.

Two proposals are ready to send, and after I sleep on them and take a look with fresher eyes tomorrow, I will do that. The last one is due this weekend, and I'm hustling. It is a long planned design, that is a little bit of a baby of mine. We'll see how the editors like it. Here's my weekly reminder to like Arabian Knits Designs on Facebook, if you haven't already. That's where I put updates and testing opportunities and other design news. Your liking it gets me more visibility with folks who may not know about my patterns and that helps me. Thank you!


MJ Yarns' Silken DK in Cerulean Twilight

I forgot to mention, in my rush last week, that my June yarn club shipment came. The preview was so lovely that I ordered a second skein to arrive with it. These are destined to become a short sleeved, hooded, cropped jacket for Amira to wear over her ballet clothes, and a matching pair of ankle warmers, also for ballet. The colors coordinate well with her class color for leotard and so on, and I thought she would like the set. The yarn came with a pattern and a nice pen for marking up patterns.

Again, this has been a light reading week. Between intensives and VBS and preparing someone for placement exams and the learner's permit test and children up at all hours and deadlines and sheer exhaustion, I've eliminated a few books that I just don't think are worth my limited time and read a few words in a book I won from the editor, Jessica Snell. It is part of a series of books on living the Church year, largely aimed at Protestants, definitely western Christians, with a few things in there that are on point for Catholics and Orthodox, though the suggestions for family activities/foods/crafts are appropriate for Christians of all backgrounds: Let Us Keep the Feast: Living the Church Year at Home (Pentecost and Ordinary Time). I have enjoyed the other books in the series, so was thrilled to win a copy of this one, and knew that I would like it as well.



Also posting to Keep Calm and Craft On, Yarn Fanatic Party, and One Project at a Time

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
Hi Ranee -- I have that book on my Amazon wish list and know I really need to just order it. :) Congrats on finishing two proposals! I sent off a finished pattern yesterday and hope to send off a proposal this afternoon. One pattern needs to be finalized, and I hope to finish it by the end of the week! Lord willing. Summer is supposed to be our slow time of the year, right? :)
xo Lisa
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?