.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, May 25, 2015

Menu Plan: Week of Pentecost

This was the first year since we moved that we've hosted a Pentecost Tongues of Flame barbecue again. Lots of food and lots of fun. We're enjoying some rest today. The kids are sleeping in while Rich works on the yard and garden and I work on the blog, planning, and some design work.

We are not fasting this week, because of the feast of Pentecost. Then, we are back on our normal schedule of abstinence in our diet. Rich has been enjoying the Paschal season quite a bit and says that his pants are telling him it is time to return to some fasting and abstinence. I'm actually feeling pretty good about maintaining a good diet and exercise, even with our feasting, and have either lost weight or maintained my weight each week.

The heat is back, so we have fans going in the house and ice water in our cooler outside for the kids to drink while they play. We're doing a lot of grilling and quick meals, slow cooker meals, and so on, so as not to heat up the kitchen too much in the afternoon and evening.

Remember that the Psalms are according to eastern numbering in our daily Bible reading, also I Kings is the original designation, it is I Samuel in western Bibles (II Kings is II Samuel in the west, III Kings is I Kings, and IV Kings is II Kings).
What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?