.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Menu Plan: Partial Week


Christ is Risen! The Lord is Risen Indeed! Alleluia!

I've been MIA for a while, as we had the opportunity to celebrate most of the Triduum and the Paschal feast with our church family "back home" as well as getting a chance to rent a house on the beach near our old house while Rich went to a conference for work. After that, we traveled to spend some time with one of Rich's cousins and his family. It was a beautiful and holy time for us.

Sadly, the "vacation" part for me wasn't much of a vacation as I had to drive Rich to the ferry at 5:30 for the first three mornings so he'd be at his conference on time, and the final night we were at the beach house I was so sick I didn't get to sleep most of the night, even though we could sleep in the next morning. I spent all the time at his cousin's sick, too. Though functional. Just not sleeping or eating well or feeling well. On the positive side, I think I've lost 15 pounds. Sunday night, we were able to return to our church and Fr. David prayed for me after I received the Eucharist and, for the first night in five, I was able to sleep all night without pain or feeling sick. That following day I was completely well. I am so grateful to God for His sacraments and priesthood!

We returned late Sunday night, or rather, early Monday morning, and were blessed that Rich had been able to take that day off, too, so we had a day to rest and recuperate. Tuesday night, Rich and I took a trip back to the west side, for him to take an all day class with his boss and another co-worker the following day, and I did some yarn shopping, walking around town, and resting while they did that. That was really my vacation. The hotel had a pool and hot tub, so I availed myself of the hot tub with its jets on my shoulder and back (oh! that morning, I went into the utility room to check the laundry and either the way I opened the door or the cold of that room tweaked my shoulder injury from way back in 2011 when we camped at Yellowstone, so my shoulder hurt and I couldn't turn my head all the way that day - it got better the following morning, but I'm still hurting a little). I finally found the exact shade of yarn I've been looking for to match a ribbon I have, that I'd like to use in a short jacket to wear over a dress. There was only one skein left and it appears to be discontinued. I bought it anyway.

In any case, here is our menu, such as it is, and the Bible readings. Here are last week's:

April 5 Deuteronomy 11-13, Psalms 56, Proverbs 11:26–30, Mark 9:2–29

April 6 Deuteronomy 14-16, Psalms 57, Proverbs 12:1–5, Mark 9:30–50

April 7 Deuteronomy 17-19, Psalms 58, Proverbs 12:6–10, Mark 10:1–31

April 8 Deuteronomy 20-22, Psalms 59, Proverbs 12:11–15, Mark 10:32–52

April 9 Deuteronomy 23-25, Psalms 60, Proverbs 12:16–20, Mark 11:1–19

April 10 Deuteronomy 26:1-28:14, Psalms 61, Proverbs 12:21–25, Mark 11:20–33

April 11 Deuteronomy 28:15-29:28, Psalms 62, Proverbs 12:26–31, Mark 12:1–27

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?