.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, March 02, 2015

Menu Plan: Second Sunday of Lent


Saturday, I found that we couldn't load our co-op produce into our fridges because there were so many leftovers in them. So, instead of cooking, I had leftover buffet and said that the food needed to be consumed that night. Most of it was, and the rest was eaten for lunch on Sunday. One of those leftover dishes was the potato kibbeh. I was trying a new recipe that didn't have a ton of direction, but I made it as I season kibbeh made with meat. Sadly, the crust was much too salty. I had tried to compensate for some bitterness, but evidently had too heavy a hand, and the bitterness cooked out so it wasn't noticeable anyway. I had been quickly making dinner for the family so I could take Alexander and Dominic to a pizza night, so we didn't even eat that dinner. When I called Rich before heading home, I asked how it was, and he just said that he'd let me taste it. He said it tasted like it would have been good had it not been so salty. There was about half the dinner left. So, over the weekend, we made plain rice with no salt added to eat with it, and that seemed to absorb the excess salt. I'm rewriting the recipe to reflect a normal amount of salt and the seasoning I used for the filling.

The besan chila I made Wednesday was a big hit, and will be making a regular appearance on our menus throughout the year. Two other dinners were abandoned in favor of other meals, because of schedules and exhaustion, so we'll be making them this week. Likewise, two breakfasts were switched around. Rich made pancakes with raspberry syrup that he made from berries in the freezer for us on Saturday.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?