.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, March 30, 2015

Menu Plan: Holy Week


We arrive again at Holy Week. The week we focus on our Lord's Passion, and walk His Way of Suffering with Him. All this Lent, I have been praying especially for our brethren in the Middle East who are walking the Via Dolorosa in a way we do not understand here. They are suffering a passion with Him, and it will bring about salvation with His. I have prayed for their suffering to be relieved, for their enemies to be dispersed, but I have prayed also for them to endure joyfully, and for me to have the kind of faith they have. The martyrs there have gone on to do even more of His work in the world as they pray for us in His presence around the Heavenly Altar.

Last week, I skipped one set of readings altogether, so here are Monday's readings: Numbers 16:1-18:19, Psalms 46, Proverbs 9:16–20, Mark 2. I also forgot to put a breakfast plan down for one day. I'm a bit spacey lately.

I tried to make our menu a little easier this week, because it is so full of services and other obligations. The fast this week is tough. Only our youngest will be eating on the strict fast days this week. I have included the meals planned for them. May all of you be strengthened by the Passion of our Lord, and glorified with Him in the Resurrection!

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?