.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, January 05, 2015

Menu Plan: Days 11 and 12 of Christmas, Epiphany and Beyond

We are almost out of the Christmas holiday, and just about at Epiphany. This means that we will have regular days of abstinence here again. We're also preparing for our back to school time and getting back in gear for ballet and sports and co-op and other activities, and I won't have the luxury of making such complicated meals as often.

I was able to find some organic, sprouted grain cereals at the Grocery Outlet, so I bought them for us to try. Rich and the kids liked them, but I wasn't so keen on them. However, they were a great price, so I may pick up more this week if they still have them. It made for a quick and easy breakfast before church, that is for sure. I also found some Chobani, blood orange yogurt cups for $0.25 each. Again, everyone else seemed to like them more than I did, but they are good protein and pro-biotics, so after the test run of only 10 of them, Rich asked if I could get more and I bought 35 more cups. There will be significant yogurt cup consumption this week. We also picked up some organic boxes and juice packs from the produce co-op, which included some out of season strawberries that we're turning into shortcake this week. I forgot to get the beans made in time on Saturday, so we had a hash with Italian sausage, potatoes, Brussels sprouts, carrots, onions and garlic instead, and made the chili and cornbread for dinner Sunday.

We finally got some significant snow, without it being too much, and it's melting nicely today, so that makes me happy. I am also happy because my coffee order from Fr. Michael's Roastery came today. (They re-did their website, and I liked the older one better. Rich said I should tell them that the old ways were superior and I didn't appreciate their heterodox innovations. I didn't know if they'd get our joke, and I want them to keep sending me coffee.)
What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?