.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, December 15, 2014

Menu Plan: Third Sunday in Advent, Gaudete Sunday

Here we are at Gaudete Sunday, Joy Sunday, more than half way through Advent. I'm trying to keep meals fairly simple this week and use a lot of what we have at home. We are giving ourselves a few treats, for this bright spot during the fast. Before we moved, we used to put up our tree on this Sunday, and string it with lights. Now that we live in a smaller house, we tend to get our tree closer to Christmas Eve.

Rich and I were out of town for much of last week. He had another conference, this time he spoke at it. He did a great job, from what I hear. I wasn't there to hear him in person. We went over his presentation together, had him speak through it, and work out issues with his displays, and I did some editing to help. However, several people at the evening events during the conference made a point of coming to him and telling him how much they enjoyed it and how inspiring it was, both to them, but also to their commissioners who began to see other possibilities with port properties. That was gratifying for him, but also for me, as I am so proud of him and know how he values my eyes and assistance in his work. Anyway, we ate out for dinner at these events for most of the nights, while our kids were at home with friends who did an amazing job cooking and running the house while I was gone.

What is on your menu this week? If you want a recipe, ask and I will provide it as soon as I can. If there are any starred recipes, I will follow up separately with a weekly recipe round up on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?